Sunday, April 11

The Sunday Paper

Mom and I used to always read the Life&Style section of the newspaper on Sunday afternoons to see who got married to who, who died, and what John Rosen had to say. I guess in some ways blogging is the new Life&Style section for so many of us. Reading and/or writing to find out the who, what and where of life. So here's your bi-weekly dose of what's going on in my life. :) I'm trying to get better and make it daily or every other day, but I'm strugglin'. 




 Pink, pink, and more... boys? Friday I attended the baby shower of our Division Director's wife, Ashley. The funny thing about it, though, was that although the 2nd floor multipurpose had been transformed into a world of pink, the majority of the attendees were male, and it was the first time attending a baby shower for many of them. Before we all left to go to the shower, Jeremy asked what all we'd be doing to take up the 2.5 hours of our day slotted "Baby Shower," when I mentioned games he was like, "Games, what games?" I just laughed when 2 hours later he was one of the ones getting into the games. It was too funny sitting at the table with all these macho, gun-toting men wearing pink pacifiers around their necks and playing nursery rhyme trivia. 

This was one of the cutest presents (although maybe not extremely practical). Where the wild things are!! Isn't it precious?! The room burst into laughter when someone suggested they might need to stitch "Daddy, don't shoot me" on the animal costume.
I don't know who put Kyle in charge of cutting the cake, but these were the "Small" pieces Melissa and I asked for. Yeah... not small by our standards. This is our "sorority" pose that we posed for per Amber's beckoning with the department camera.


With Spring babies there are beautiful spring flowers. These gorgeous tulips have been tempting my camera for a week now as I drive in and out of HQ, but Friday I finally couldn't help myself!! They were beautiful!
I love tulips. They are one of my all time faves. Sunflowers are my #1 though, in case anyone ever needs to know. :)

Saturday evening we were supposed to have office team-building laser tag, but when "office" turned into 5, and laser tag turned into 13 year old playhouse, we changed our plans for an evening of cosmic bowling.
I'm getting better, but I'm still pretty awful.
(One thing I learned from this bowling experience... these jeans are going in the giveaway pile because they are awfully unflattering!)

The last game we ended up getting bumpers, and it was required that you to hit the bumper for the bowl to count, which is actually a little tricky. Somehow Nick still seemed to dominate. Oh well, I guess I'll keep practicing.

I got out-blogged by this lady this weekend. So look out for a blog-filled week ahead! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment