Saturday, April 17

For the Love of Cooking!!

I was sitting at home tonight, and couldn't help but indulge in my craving for one of the first things I learned to bake.

Believe it or not.... before there were cupcakes, I made cookies, cookies, and more cookies, hence how I earned the nickname "Cookie Monster." Unfortunately, the cookbook that my standard recipe is from (For the Love of Cooking) is currently at my mom's house and has been falling apart since before my first batch, which was when I was like 6. :) And since I didn't have it, and it was too late to call mom, I had to settle for the Better Homes and Gardens recipe which is a little too sweet for my taste, but fortunately, it doesn't make near as many cookies as my usual variety. Peanut butter cookies just aren't as good unless they're covered in table sugar. MMM.....


They made me feel a little more at home when I was feeling a little lonely on a Saturday night. I'm determined that I will NOT spend next Saturday night on my couch!

While my cookies were in the oven I caught the opening dance of America's Best Dance Crew: Champions for Charity on MTV. And when the only female champions made their way out onto the stage I burst into laughter when their costumes looked remarkably familiar.Their sneaks are even bedazzled like my tap shoes... :)

Click little clip for a laugh! :)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment