Monday, April 12

A sty in my eye and a burger piled high

Despite the fact that I eat as many carrots as the average bunny does... I have a sty. Even though you can't actually see the sty in the picture I thought it was to boring to include a post about my sty with no picture of my eye. Anybody ever found it funny that sty and eye rhyme?! :)

The pain is not funny, though. In fact, it's quite annoying. It's been building for days now, this constant little pain like I scratched my eye too hard or something, then this evening once I remove my eye makeup I saw it plain and clear. BOOO! Shoo sty, don't bother me! Sorry... I couldn't resist the play on words. :)

On a different note, a milestone occurred in the calories world today if you haven't already heard. Drumroll please....

KFC launched it's new sandwich the "Double Down." This thing is just BAD news!

It's two large fried boneless chicken breasts sandwiching together bacon, cheese, and a special sauce. Talk about awful for you!! Although, it's like my co-worker said today, it's not that unusual for a guy to eat two chicken pieces out of the bucket, what's a little cheese and bacon going to hurt. I tell you what it hurts... my legs after having to run the thing off!

This infamous sandwich sparked the conversation about another infamous sandwich at lunch today with Mike and Luke (the girls had gone for Bubble Tea, which i decided not to partake in): the Luther Burger, named after it's "creator," R&B singer, Luther Vandross. I just can't get over this one... (and this comes from the girl that LOVES KK Doughnuts)....


A bacon cheeseburger with Krispy Kreme Doughnuts substituted for the patties. I mean, yes, as Mike said, sweet and salty do go well together often, but this? THIS is a little extreme. I just don't get it. And this was the original photo I found to show us what it was at lunch on my bberry:


How am I even supposed to eat that?!?! I'm not. It shouldn't have been made, and it definitely should not have the cult following it does! Bad idea Luther, stick to writing wedding songs! Yuck, yuck, and YUCK!

Would you eat it? The Double Down maybe, but the Luther Burger? Who's in?

1 comment:

  1. Guess who can't wait to try to KFC sandwich?!?! You KNOW it's Warren! haha!

    ReplyDelete