Saturday, July 10

Mississippi, DC welcomes you with open arms!

Lucy's in town!! Yay!


I'm so excited to welcome one of my dearest friends from college to the city for the weekend! Lucy made the trek up from Mississippi on Thursday, and did some touristy DC things for Thursday and Friday while I was at work, but in the evening... it's play time! Thursday was the first time I'd seen her since January of 2009, and it was as if I'd been with her just yesterday. Don't you just love those friends? :)

Thursday night we went out to dinner with some other friends of hers in Dupont Circle. I was haggard from a long day of work, so please forgive the unflattering photo. Lucy looks lovely as always!

But on Friday the real fun began with girls night at jazz in the sculpture garden. My new friend and fellow DC blogger Maria came to join Valerie, Sarah, Lucy and I for an early evening of jazz music, sangria, and a great time. After that we left and headed for dinner at the famous Good Stuff Eatery, where former Top Chef finalist "Spike" cooks up the best burgers on the Hill. Although we lost Maria to her evening plans, my lovely cousin Christina joined us for dinner. Christina just moved up to the city from Mississippi, so she and Lucy had some common connections. It was such a wonderful evening, and I'm so glad to have Lucy in town for a bit and Christina in town now! My turn for the bathroom, so I'm off to get ready for another fun evening. More updates to follow tommorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment